Global Marketing Leader transforming brands through social media, audience development, engaging content and effective team management
Director of Social Media
Co-Founder and EVP, Social Media Strategy and Content
- Strategized in the launch of a new website and Instagram handle for Pretty Healthy NYC, a boutique medical practice, including the development of brand messaging, design guidelines, calendaring, and writing.
- Developed the social media strategy for the launch of Primitive, the new novel by Marco Greenberg.
- Delivered a strategic plan to Bloomberg Media Group, designed to monetize the @business Twitter handle.
- Wrote a three-part lifestyle series of articles for The Spruce, a top-five site in the Home category.
- Delivered a content and social media marketing strategy to Bond, a revolution in personal safety in an easy-to-use mobile app.
Global VP, Brand Social
- Placed as a Finalist in Digiday’s 2019 Social Media Team of the Year Award.
- Strategized, executed and operationalized GoDaddy’s first Brand Social program, inclusive of: Strategy, Content, Video, Paid Social, Analytics, Influencer Marketing, Listening & Response and Events, while onboarding new team members, partners and tools to discover, measure and create winning content at scale.
- Developed a global, transparent and robust system of measurement (Social Buzz) that all GoDaddy regions utilized to gauge Brand Social impact and manage investments across 13 mature and growth markets.
- Onboarded new tools to enhance global measurement, including Sprinklr, Netbase, and Tableau.
- Set Social Buzz goals and exceeded those goals by 189%, eclipsing 9 of our 11 competitors in the U.S.
- Created the GoDaddy Social Style Guide to reduce churn and move with accuracy & speed by defining the messaging, positioning, strategy and development for all of GoDaddy’s social channels across 13 global markets.
- Launched, managed and operationalized GoDaddy’s influencer marketing effort to bring the work in-house, save the company millions in agency fees and deepen our commitment to sponsored content partnerships.
- Worked cross-functionally to nurture a global community, enable coordinated learning, scale our content and impact the GoDaddy Brand Health scorecard by moving our score 3x.
- Launched and hosted GoDaddy’s first episodic video series, School of Hustle, creating a system to cast a matrix of guests, write scripts, test clips, pull top clips into the customer journey and execute globally.
- Transformed GoDaddy’s campaign content by putting the customer at the center of our upper funnel messaging, while segmenting and retargeting custom audiences with mid-lower funnel ads that increased revenue.
- Grew email open rate with unengaged users from 5% to 40% by strategically integrating top performing video content into email campaigns.
- Spoke on behalf of GoDaddy on Cheddar TV and at industry conferences.
Group Nine Media
Sr. Director, Distributive Platforms
- Opened a new revenue stream by developing, pricing, and launching 16 new social products across Group Nine’s Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat spaces, educating the Sales team and assisting in client pitches, growing $8MM in revenue during my tenure.
- Led social and ad product development and launch for the four Group Nine Media brands: Thrillist, The Dodo, NowThis and Seeker.
- Developed Sales Marketing collateral for new social and ad products, while joining the Sales team on client meetings and leading the strategy in the team’s RFPs.
- Built and led Group Nine’s first Influencer program and Talent Desk, owning overall strategy, pricing, negotiation and the sourcing of talent.
- Digiday Content Marketing Award winner for Best Use of Real-Time Streaming Video, in our Friendsgiving campaign with Royal Caribbean.
Head of Social
- Led the social media strategy, content, reporting, and Advocacy Engine for LG USA Home Appliances and Electronics on five platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Led the social media strategy and implementation for Land Rover USA on seven platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Consultant: Brand Positioning and Social Media
Social Media, Content, PR
- Designed and presented original curriculum in the Microsoft Store to engage, empower, and inform customers on how to use Microsoft products and services.
- Brought communities onto the MSN network through Message Boards and new Department pages.
Bellevue School District
AP Senior English, Honors Composition, American Literature Teacher
- Presented five original daily lesson plans while simultaneously assessing students’ grasp of subject matter against the day’s set of learning objectives.
University of Washington
University of Washington
Master's degree in Teaching